On September 15, 2016, an AO Trauma Webinar about Algorithms for Orthopedic Infection was held by Dr. Andrej Trampuz and Dr. Olivier Borens. Webinar has been a great success with over 900 registrations and 270 live participations from all around the world.
Learning objectives of the webinar were as follows:
- Description of the algorithms that exist for infection and recognition of their value for improving patient care,
- Application of a structured approach to diagnosing infection using algorithms,
- Realization of the difference between infection of a fracture fixation device and a joint prosthesis,
- Application of specific algorithms for managing early and late infection, and
- Implementation of the correct algorithm for the specific type of infection (for example anatomical region, implant type, decision to remove/replace the implant and how to stabilize).
Webinar was organized as an interactive live transmission, as participants at the webinar were able to ask questions through a »real-time« online chat, and both presenters answered throughout the whole lecture.
You can watch the whole webinar here.