All type of questions related to diagnosis and treatment of infection can be submitted. The consultation service will be free of charge, available in May 2016.
- The service is led by an interdisciplinary team of recognized experts in septic surgery, including orthopedic/trauma surgeons, infectious diseases specialists, microbiologists and pharmacists.
- Aim is to advice the best diagnostic procedure (pre- and intra-operative), surgical intervention and antibiotic treatment.Whenever appropriate, several options with corresponding outcomes will be presented.
- Cases from previous consultations with similar problem will be available for comparison (in anonymized form).
- Consultation requests are submitted through web-based forms, allowing also data and images upload (in anonimyzed form).
- Response is guaranteed within 48 hours. If additional information is needed, the advisor may contact the requestor by phone. In addition, an emergency phone line is available for immediate needs (e.g. decisions during surgery, antibiotic adverse events).
- If appropriate, scientific literature and supporting evidence will be provided. The consultation service will be also used for training purposes, supervised by a senior faculty member.
- The service will be available in May 2016 and will be free (for certain period of time) for registered users of the PRO-IMPLANT Foundation website.
- The consultation service is currently available in English and German. In the future, the consultation service will be available also in other languages (French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Russian).