Infections of the bones (osteomyelitis) and joints (septic arthritis) are serious health problems which require antibiotics and often surgery. Awareness among health professionals of the causes and treatment options for various types of bone and joint infections is essential for effective resolution.
Bone and Joint Infections takes a multidisciplinary approach in covering the diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of osteomyelitis and septic arthritis, including different types of implant-associated infections. Correct and rapid diagnosis of bone and joint infection is crucial, and requires the input of a variety of specialists. Bone and Joint Infections takes a similarly collaborative and comprehensive approach, including chapters authored by clinicians, laboratory specialists, and surgeons.
Covering the basic microbiology and clinical aspects of bone and joint infection, this book will be a valuable resource both for researchers in the lab and for physicians and surgeons seeking a comprehensive reference on osteomyelitis and septic arthritis.
- Covers bone and joint infections with and without different types of implants from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Each chapter covers the microbiology, clinical features, imaging procedures, diagnostics, and treatment for a given condition
- Includes both adult and pediatric bone and joint infection
- Discusses implant-associated infections as well as native infections
About the Author
Werner Zimmerli, MD, is Professor in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases at Basel University Medical Clinic, Liestal, Switzerland.
- Hardcover: 432 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1118581773
- Price: Approx. 190,00 EUR / 156.00 USD